As we know in most of the houses we have wireless router for internet connectivity over the existing devices. But sometime these routers are not enough to give overall connectivity. Because of this reason we face dead zones or no wifi zones in our workplace or home. These dead zones use get created because of interference in the path of generated wireless waves “radio waves”, these waves use to get affected with refraction from the metals, wall and floors. Due to which the signal strength become weaker in certain areas. To remove such problems we can use “wireless range extender” and this device can enhance the existing signal to deliver you fastest internet connectivity across the place.
How Belkin range extenders - work?
Belkin has given a range of range extension products and all these range extenders can amplify your existing wireless signal. These extenders help to create an extended wireless network for fast communication. All the extenders from Belkin are sleek in design and easy to use. Among the all extenders from Belkin N300 dual band WiFi extender is the best. Belkin N300 dual band WiFi extender is can be used for wireless range extension in your home or workplace. This range extender can cover large area with its dual antenna. It contains dual band with 150 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 150 Mbps (5 GHz). N300 dual band WiFi extender is compact and easy to setup, this device will complement your decor.
Best range extender
The best wireless range extender or booster is based on three basic prioritization; long distance coverage, fast throughput rate and easy setup. If we talk about the coverage then it means the total area covered by range extension device and through put is the total data transfer speed. If we have great device in terms of quick set up then this is the best feature.
Belkin wireless range extenders are the best in class and give all the above discussed features for best wireless signal output. In total till now Belkin has created six different variant of wifi range extenders. Belkin AC750 wireless range extender, Belkin AC1200 WiFi extender, N-600 Dual Band extender and Belkin wifi range extender, N300 dual band wifi extender. All these extenders from Belkin are best in class and lass with additional features to provide you excellent connectivity and fast wifi signals.
Belkin N300 dual band WiFi extender specification
This range extender provides the platform compatibility with MAC and Windows. It contains the security features with WEP/WPA/WPA2. This device can generate maximum Link rate up to 150 Mbps. I contain 2 external antennas for best coverage. Belkin N 300 supports the 802.11.a/b/g/n network standards. It has one integrated switch with one port.
Belkin range extender setup
Before you start the setup process make sure your extender is ON and you have your wireless network name (SSID) with Wi-Fi password. Now if you this information then follow the below-given steps for setting up your Belkin range Extender wirelessly-
1. Plug in your range extender in power inlet.
2. Use Wi-Fi capable device, locate and connect in Belkin.setup network.
3. Once you are connected to Belkin.setup then move to next step.
4. Now launch the web browser and type http://Belkin.range or use http://192.168.206.1 to access the range extender’s web based set up page.
5. Once you are connected open the Get started button and click on it.
6. It will start searching for your SSID.
7. Now select the wireless network and click on NEXT button.
8. Once you are connected then enter your network password and click on ‘next’
9. Select the network based on your usability and repeat the step 8
10. Now select the network which you want to extend.
11. Tap on create extended network button and proceed further
Configuration is complete for your Belkin Range extender and you are ready to go.
Cabled Setup of Belkin range extender
1. For cabled setup of N300 model of Belkin range extenders, we have to complete few steps of configuration. We have to connect the range extender to the computer using an Ethernet cable. Then, plug the range extender into the power outlet and disable the Wi-Fi. Now launch a web browser and type http://Belkin.range or use http://192.168.206.1
2. Click Get Started on Belkin's setup Web page and then select your home's Wi-Fi name from the list of available networks. Now enter in your Wi-Fi network's password when prompted and select Next button. Once you are through then select your Wi-Fi network once again, click on Next, and complete the process with click on Create Extended Network.
WPS PIN Setup for Belkin Range Extender
This method is only applicable if and only if your router can support the WPS setup. All Belkin Range extenders can setup with WPS setup method by using a PIN of a router. This PIN number is generally available on the product label of your router. Now follow the given steps-
1. First, launch the web browser and navigate to http://Belkin.range.
2. Now click on Wi-Fi secured WPS in the extended network settings. Now add the device PIN.
3. Now click on Enroll and complete the setup configuration.
How to reset your Belkin range extender?
- Follow the below given step and reset your belkin range extender.
- First find the circular button named as “Reset” on the back of router.
- Now use a sharp object to press the “Reset” button.
- Next hold the “Reset” button for at least 10 seconds.
- Then release the button.
- Now wait for few minutes to reboot your range extender and restore the factory setting.
- At the last restart your range extender and you are ready to go.
Resetting belkin extender without reset key
Follow the given steps for your Belkin Range Extender without Reset key
- First connect Your Belkin Range Extender to your Laptop or PC by using Ethernet Cable.
- Now open http://Belkin.range or 192.168.206.1
- Select Go to Settings >Utility> Restore Factory Defaults
- After that restore Your Belkin Range Extender to Default Settings And then restart Your range extender
- Your belkin range extender is RESET.
- Now start with the setup wizard again.